Start your day with a healthy and light breakfast. Start your day with pancakes, not fancy but easy and quick when you have no time in the morning.
The Gals and the City recipe:
So here is a recipe with no dairy at all– for those who are lactose intolerant- and gluten-free oats instead of flour and baking powder. The emphasis is on making light pancakes for our stomach, getting energy for a demanding day, instead of them making us sleepy. Plus we boost our body with vitamins and fiber.
The Gals and the city’s pancakes are sugar-free as we love to sweeten them with the toppings. But if you want, you can add a tablespoon of honey in the mixture to make them sweet.
Needless to say, we use the ingredients we have already at home so it’s the best option as there is no extra cost.
- 30g oats
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
Serving amount: 1 person
Yield: 4 medium size pancakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes (max)
Cooking difficulty: level 1
- Smash the banana with a fork or blender
- Put oats in a blender and blend ‘till you get a sandy texture
- Take a bowl, add and mix all the ingredients (oats, egg, cinnamon, banana, a pinch of salt) and beat them with a fork ‘till the mixture is homogenized.
- At the same time, heat vegetable oil to a non-stick baking pan with a diameter of 30 cm over medium heat.
- Place 2 or 3 spoonfuls of the mixture in this pan, leaving a gap between them because they spread out as they are being cooked.
- Check the edges, and when our pancakes are cooked on one side – this will be understood when it comes off the bottom of the pan – flip them over for one more minute.
- They are ready! Place them in a dish and sprinkle them with cinnamon or cacao and serve them with honey or maple syrup or melted chocolate with fruits or nuts. In other words, top with the desired toppings!
[Cover Photo Food Photographer © Jennifer Pallian]